|For ball below feet lies, which I would say are more difficult to deal with you have to consider:
- The ball is further away from you
- The club shaft might sit more vertically making the loft on the face point right (see image above)
- Your balance will be pulled forward to your toes
Like I say, I find these shots more difficult, particularly thinking about posture over the ball. Here are some tips:
- You should club up. This means you’ll have a longer club in your hand to reach the ball.
- Try to lower your posture a touch to control your balance. The intention for the swing is to remain stable.
- Aim as touch left to allow for the loft pointing more right
- Swing easy. Accept that you are not in a great position and play accordingly.
One other consideration here is that if you don’t have custom fitted clubs and they are either too short/ long or too upright/ flat; you’ll find that one of these shots will be very difficult indeed!
The best place to learn how to play these types of shot is most definitely on the golf course, and playing lessons can cover this really well. Let me know if you’re interested!